How to download a video from YouTube in just 3 easy steps:
1. Copy-and-paste a YouTube video URL (example: http://youtube.com/watch?v=XXXXXXXX) into the form above and hit "Download"
2. If it's your first-time, a warning box may pop-up - just select "Run" to continue. This is perfectly safe and will not install software.
3. A list of download links will appear. Right-click on the format you want and select "Save As..." to start your download. That's all!
1. YouTubeX - simple – enables you to share the YouTube video with your friends via e-mail – All the files are called get_video, and you have to add the .flv extension manually
2. KeepVid – simple ,No hassle – YouTube,Google Video, MySpace Video, DailyMotion and others – you have to add the .flv extension by hand.
3. VideoDownloader - very similar to KeepVid,but supports even more video sharing sites – available as a Firefox extension – Just like with KeepVid, all downloads are in .flv format. We recommend MediaCoder for free conversion.
4. YouTube Downloads – It separates itself by using a proxy for downloading videos – * you might be able to get videos even if YouTube access is blocked at your workplace or in the country you live. – Just search Google for YouTube videos, and copy/paste the URL into YouTube Downloads.
5. Zamzar - online file format conversion site – can do a lot more than just converting YouTube videos to another format and downloading them to your hard drive – **highly recommended
6. YouTubia – enabling you to search as well as download YouTube files – Options are scarce, but it works